Asset management is a strategic and systematic process of operating, maintaining, and improving physical assets, with a focus on engineering and economic analysis based upon quality information, to identify a structured sequence of maintenance, preservation, repair, rehabilitation, and replacement actions that will achieve and sustain a desired state of good repair over the lifecycle of the assets at minimum practicable cost.
The Core Principles of Asset Management
• Policy-driven-Resource allocation decisions are based on awell-defined set of policy goals and objectives.
• Performance-based-Policy objectives are translated intosystem performance measures that are used for both day-to-day and strategicmanagement.
• Analysis of Options and Tradeoffs-Decisions on how toallocate funds within and across different types of investments (e.g.,preventive maintenance versus rehabilitation, pavements versus bridges) arebased on an analysis of how different allocations will impact achievement ofrelevant policy objectives.
• Decisions Based on Quality Information-The merits ofdifferent options with respect to an agency's policy goals are evaluated usingcredible and current data.
• Monitoring Provides Clear Accountability andFeedback-Performance results are monitored and reported for both impacts andeffectiveness.
This definition was developed by the AASHTO Subcommittee onAsset Management in January 2006. Full Article here
Bay County Resources and Data
Pavement Surface Evaluation and Rating (PASER) maps for 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, and upon request early maps can be supplied from 2005.
Bay County Road Commission dashboard on performance measures click here to few data and graphs.
Bay County Highway Safety Map
Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) Resources and Data
Pavement Performance Measures
Michigan transportation asset management council website
MDOT asset management website
TAMC 2021 Roads and Bridges Annual Report
Safety Performance Measures
MDOT Statewide Safety Plan
EMCOG Regional Safety plan
MDOT Safety Performance measure targets worksheet