The Bay County Employees' Retirement System, established on January 1 1947, is created to provide retirement income to qualifying employees and former employees, survivor income to their qualifying beneficiaries, and limited death and disability benefits; to provide the administration and maintenance of the retirement system; to create a retirement board and prescribe the power and duties of the retirement board; to establish certain reserves for the retirement system; and to provide remedies.
The Board of Trustees meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 1:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers on the fourth floor of the Bay County Building.
The April 14, 2020 Board Meeting of the Bay County Employees' Retirement System and the Bay County VEBA have been canceled, in order to comply with Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order 2020-21 stating that all in-person government activities at whatever level (state, county, or local) that are not necessary to sustain or protect life, or to support those businesses and operations that are necessary to sustain or protect life are suspended.
*THE APRIL 21, 2020 INVESTMENT MANAGER SYMPOSIUM MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELLED*
Bay County Board of Trustees 2019
- Treasurer - Shawna Walraven
- Bay Medical Care Facility Representative - Kristal Gonzales
- Board of Commissioner Representative - Thomas Herek
- General Group Representative - Jon Morse
- Road Commission/Department of Water and Sewer Representative - Steve Gray
- Bay Arenac Behavioral Health Representative - Richard Gromaski
- Library/Sheriff Representative - Matthew Pett
- Board of Commissioner Representative - Thomas Ryder
- Board of Human Services Representative - Sandy Shutt
Staff members for the Bay County Retirement Board include: