The Bay County Employees' Retirement System (BCERS) was established in 1947 to provide retirement benefits to qualifying employees, former employees, and surviving beneficiaries, along with limited death and disability benefits. The Retirement Ordinance outlines the administration and maintenance of the retirement system by creating a Board of Trustees and prescribing the power and duties of the Board; establishing certain reserves for the retirement system; and providing remedies. The Board of Trustees also oversees administration and maintenance of the Voluntary Employees' Beneficiary Association (VEBA), in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the VEBA Trust Agreement.
The Board of Trustees meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers, located on the 4th floor of the Bay County Building.
NEXT REGULAR MEETING OF THE BCERS/VEBA BOARD:
SEPTEMBER 19, 2023 @ 1:30 P.M.
515 CENTER AVENUE, BAY CITY, MI 48708
4TH FLOOR COMMISSION CHAMBERS
Bay County Board of Trustees 2023:
- Bay County Treasurer - Weston Prince
- Bay Medical Care Facility Representative - Kristal Gonzales
- General Group Representative - Jon Morse
- Road Commission/Dept. of Water & Sewer Representative - Steve Gray
- Bay Arenac Behavioral Health Representative - Ernie Krygier
- Library/Sheriff Dept. Representative - Patrick Woody
- Board of Commissioners Representative -Vaughn Begick
- Board of Commissioners Representative - Thomas Herek
- DHHS Board Representative - Renee Courier-Aumock