Notice of Public Meeting - BCATS Policy Committee
August 18, 2021 at 1:30 pm
The BCATS Policy Committee will be meeting in-person located at:
Bay County Building, 3rd Floor Personnel conference room
515 Center Avenue
Bay City, MI 48708
A virtual call-in option is available for non-voting members only.
Click the link below to view the meeting or call the number below to listen and talk only.
Call: 1 248-509-0316 Conference ID: 894 350 266#
Bay City Area Transportation Study (BCATS)
Federal law requires a continuous, cooperative, and comprehensive transportation planning process in urbanized areas with a population of more than 50,000. The flow of federal transportation dollars is dependent on the continuation of a certified planning process. The Bay County Transportation Planning Division acts as the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the Bay City Urbanized Area and is responsible for fulfilling these duties. The Bay County Transportation Planning Division prepares required annual reports; developing the 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan and the 2020-21-22-23 Transportation Improvement Program; provides staff coordination for the Bay City Area Transportation Study (BCATS); and conducts various transportation studies in the community. This division also works closely with other transportation studies in the community and region throughout the year.
The Bay City Area Transportation Study (BCATS) is the principal public agency conducting regional transportation studies for the Bay City Urbanized Area. BCATS, through an agreement with the Bay County Board of Commissioners, provides management and policy functions for the transportation planning programs as required by the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act), signed by President Obama on December 4, 2015. BCATS provides transportation planning services on behalf of the metropolitan planning organization (MPO) for Bay City and Essexville and the townships of Bangor, Monitor, Hampton, Portsmouth, Kawkawlin, and Frankenlust.
The mission of BCATS, as outlined in the BCATS 2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan, is to:
- Support the economic vitality of the metropolitan area, especially by enabling global competitiveness, productivity, and efficiency.
- Increase the safety and security of the transportation system for motorized and non-motorized users.
- Increase the accessibility and mobility options available to people and for freight.
- Protect and enhance the environment, promote energy conservation, and improve quality of life.
- Enhance the integration and connectivity of the transportation system, across and between modes, for people and freight.
- Promote efficient system management and operation.
- Emphasize the preservation of the existing transportation system.
Interactive Transportation Tools
Economic Stimulus Projects and Information
If you require translation of any of our documents, please contact our office for assistance.