The Purchasing Division is to provide for the fair and equitable treatment of all persons involved in public purchasing by Bay County, to maximize the purchasing value of public funds in procurement, to provide guidance to all individuals involved in public purchasing regarding the application of the policies and procedures to be adhered to; provides safeguards for maintaining a procurement system of quality and integrity and ensures that expenditures are incurred and recorded timely and in compliance with the annual adopted budget.
The Purchasing Agent shall serve as Bay County’s principal public purchasing official for the procurement of supplies, services, equipment, and construction need by, as well as the disposal, by way of selling via competitive bids, trading, auctioning, or scrapping of surplus and equipment belonging to Bay County.
- Authorized purchasers may make purchases under $1,000 without a Purchase Order
- Between $1,000 to $5,000 requires one (1) written quote
- Over $5,000 but below $20,000 requires a minimum of three (3) written quotes
- Over $20,000 requires a sealed bid
- Purchases above $5,000 but below $20,000 require a minimum of three (3) written price quotes. In some instances the Purchasing Agent may request a formal quotation process.
- Purchases over $20,000 require a formal bid; requirements for the bid process are detailed in the bid documents. Bids and formal quotation processes will be advertised on Bay County TV, The Bay City Times, on MLive, www.MITN.info and the County’s website.
Bay County Solicitations
BID CLOSING DATE & TIME
| RFP 012019 || Credit Card Processing || January 10, 2020; 11:00 A.M. || RFP 012019 Credit Card Processing || Vendor Questions due by December 19, 2019; 5:00 P.M. |
| RFP 012019|| **ADDENDUM - CORRECTION*****|| || CORRECTION TO BID DATE|| Bid due to Purchasing January 10, 2020|
| RFP 012019|| **ADDENDUM - DATE CHANGE*****|| || Addendum #2|| Did now due to Purchasing January 24, 2020|
| RFP 012019|| ***ADDENDUM - VENDOR QUESTION REPONSES|| || ADDENDUM #3|| |
| RFP 012019|| ****ADDENDUM #4****|| || Addendum #4|| Asking for Bidders software requirements|
Bay County announces joining the Michigan Intergovernmental Trade Network (MITN) online procurement system and encourages our vendor community to register at www.mitn.info.