BAY COUNTY FRIEND OF THE COURT POLICY REGARDING CHILD SUPPORT FOR AN INCARCERATED PARENT
Effective July 19, 2021, payers of support will no longer be able to receive retroactive child support waiver/credit for times they are incarcerated. If a payer of support is incarcerated, s/he must advise the Friend of the Court in writing of his/her incarceration and request a zero support order. Requests for abatement of support during past periods of incarceration are prohibited and will no longer be processed. MCL552.603(2).
At this time, our office is open for cash payments only.
If you have questions for our office please refer to one of the following to contact our office.
phone (989-895-4295), please listen to the prompts to reach your desired destination as you may not reach a live person at the end,
mail (PO Box 856, Bay City MI 48707),
- Email our office : firstname.lastname@example.org (Please provide your name, case number and address. Due to confidentiality and privacy, we may not be able to respond via email and you may receive a correspondence through a phone call or mailing.)
fax (895-4220) and
two-way communication via your Mi-Support account (link under the highlights section)
Support only Question? -
We will promptly get back with you as soon as we are able to. Thank you for understanding during these times.
The Friend of the Court provides services to parties with minor children involving divorce, family support, interstate and paternity cases. We are involved if your case is heard by the Circuit Court and if there are minor children involved. Our duties are custody, parenting time, and child support. (Read more about the jurisdiction of the Friend of the Court.)
- FOC Handbook tells you what we do in detail, covering common divorce-related disputes between parties and the Court, and Friend of the Court's role and actions in these disputes.
- Read carefully about how to communicate with the Friend of the Court. Get names and extension numbers for employees assigned to your case in FOC Staff.
- Understanding Child Support - A Handbook for Parents
Michael Kinsella, Friend of the Court
Administrator to all Friend of the Court Operations
Abbie Schlager, Assistant Friend of the Court
Responsible for administrative and child support accounting matters
- ****Has one of our employees gone the extra mile for you? Please recognize them in our online survey. Please click here.
Book an Appointment with your Support Analyst:
Like us on Facebook