Download License Application
The fee schedule for animal licenses is set by the budget resolution of the County Board of Commissioners for licenses sold through the Treasurer's Office:
- Spayed/Neutered Animal
- $10.00 a year or partial year
- $25.00 for a maximum of 3 years
- Unaltered Animal
- $30.00 a year or partial year
- $75.00 for a maximum of 3 years
Items to Include With a Completed Application
- A valid rabies vaccination certificate (with a vaccine licensed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- If applicable, proof of spay/neuter
- License fee
Dog licenses are sold in accordance with the provisions of the Dog Law of 1919 as amended. Public Act 339 as amended, MCL 287.261-290, the Dog Law of 1919, option (f) of section 6(c) states:
- That the owner apply for a license by 1 of the following at the owner's option:
- The last day of the month of the dog's current rabies vaccination every year
- The last day of the month of the dog's current rabies vaccination every third year
All dogs over four months of age must be vaccinated against rabies before a license can be issued. The vaccinations must remain current in order for owners to obtain annual dog licenses.
Bay County ordinance requires that all cats over four months of age be vaccinated from rabies and licensed through Bay County.
A Bay County dog tag could help get your dog back home should it become lost or stolen. This is your pet's way of "calling home." A current tag tells animal control officers that a dog has a human companion whose contact information should be on file and rapidly accessible.
Did you know? Microchip implantation and registry is available for your dog. Please contact your veterinarian for details and cost. A statewide tattoo identification registry for dogs is maintained by the Michigan Department of Agriculture. Please contact them at 1-800-292-3939 or visit the Michigan Department of Agriculture website and search "tattoo."
- 1 to 5 dogs - $19.00
- 6 to 10 dogs - $34.00
- 11 to 15 dogs - $53.00
- Each additional 10 dogs - $27.00
To purchase a Kennel License, please contact Bay County Animal Services and Adoption Center at (989) 894-0679.