When we recycle we are being good stewards for our community, our environment and our planet. Recycling reduces the need for extracting, refining, and processing raw materials so it helps reduce air and water pollution, as well as reduce greenhouse gas emissions. When we recycle, we lower the amount of waste being sent to our landfills, in our waterways, and at local green spaces. Recycling saves energy and valuable natural resources while providing important environmental benefits.
Be part of the solution by recycling to help create a better community, environment, and planet. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle!
Earth Day April 22, 2021
Celebrated on April 22nd every year, Earth Day aims is to inspire support of environmental protection, the importance of environmental stewardship, and the need for conservation. Earth Day reminds us how important it is to protect our environment from issues such as air and water pollution, global warming, smog, acid rain, deforestation, and wildfires.
Below are some of the most common questions we get about recycling.
Click on the question to find out the answers or click on the FAQ icon above:
| || |
Recycling Events in Bay County
- Thursday, April 22, 2021 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Earth Day at Discovery Preserve, 1701 South Euclid Avenue (just north of Keit's Greenhouse). Help the Saginaw Basin Land Conservancy (SBLC) with spring clean-up at Discovery Preserve! Volunteers will be provided with the tools and materials necessary. Contact the SBLC at 989-891-9986 for more information.
- Saturday, April 24, 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. November 7, 2020 – In honor of Earth Day, Bay City Recycles will be hosting a Clean Up Bay City recycling event. For additional information please click HERE or call Bay City Recycles at 989-894-8312.
- Saturday, April 24, 2021 Free Saplings available at the Recycling Drop-Off Center, 2900 North Water Street in Bay City. Saplings provided by Bay City Electric Light & Power. One free sapling for our valued customers. Must be present to claim.
Bay County Scrap Tire Events 2021
- Saturday, June 5, 2021 from 9:00am to 2:00pm at Bay County Mosquito Control, 810 Livingston Street, Bay City. Please click HERE for more information.
- Saturday, August 7, 2021 from 9:00am to 2:00pm at Fraser Township Hall, 1474 North Mackinaw Road, Linwood. Please click HERE for more information.
Select a bin below for links and information about recycling!
| || || || |
| || || || |
Other Bin Includes:
Appliance Disposal, Automotive Waste Disposal (antifreeze, oil, etc.), Construction & Demolition Waste (paint, fluorescent lightbulbs, etc.), Medical Waste, Pesticide Disposal, Propane Tank Disposal, and Local Landfill information.
|Curbside Recycling . . . |
Most of the cities and townships in Bay County provide curbside recycling for residents. Check with your township or city to see what items are included in their curbside recycling programs. For additional recycling information please check out Bay City Recycles.
| || |
Ways You Can Be Involved . . .
Click on the picture for additional recycling information, educational links, and ways you can be involved.
Together we can make a difference!