Personal Health Family Planning Clinic (989) 895-4015
Family Planning Nurse
Tammy and Christine
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
All visits are by appointment only.
The Personal Health Family Planning Clinic provides confidential reproductive services for women, men, and teens. The clinic is staffed by a Nurse Practitioner and a Registered Nurse who assist clients by prescribing affordable birth control methods, testing to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted disease, and education for a healthy lifestyle and healthy pregnancy.
Do you need condoms but can't get them because your health center is closed? MDHHS will send condoms to your door.
Personal Health Family Planning Clinic:
Promote individual and family well being by giving couples the opportunity to space and plan for healthy pregnancies.
Promote the health of women, men, and teens with early detection of health problems through routine health exams.
Provide services for low-income individuals who may lack insurance or other means for obtaining this care.
Women, men, and teens general health assessment and physical exam including a pap, pelvic, and testicular exam
FDA approved methods of birth control including, birth control pills, Depo-Provera, intrauterine devices, contraception rind and patch, and condoms
Pregnancy testing and counseling
Preconceptual counseling including lifestyle behaviors that will lead to a healthy pregnancy
Sexually transmitted infection counseling and testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Herpes, Syphilis, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Trichomoniasis, HIV, and other sexually transmitted infections
Reproductive health education
Sterilization counseling and referral for tubal ligation and vasectomies (free or low cost)
Referrals to other programs within the Health Department such as WIC, Maternal Infant Health Program, and Immunizations
Referrals to an outside provider for an identified medical, social, or financial problem
Physical Examinations: Includes laboratory testing for cervical cancer and infections for the following:
Approved methods of contraception:
- Services will be provided on a voluntary basis, without coercion to accept services or any particular method of family planning.
- Services will be provided in a manner that will protect each individual's dignity and will respect the diverse culture and social practices of the service area population.
- Services will be provided to all without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, handicap, age, sex, number of pregnancies, marital status, sexual orientation, and contraceptive preference in a manner that protects the dignity of the individual
- Service delivery to all clients will include the opportunity to participate in planning in their own medical treatment. Clients are encouraged to voice any questions or concerns they may have.
- The fees for services are based on a sliding fee schedule based on current Federal Poverty Guidelines. Insurances are accepted. Please bring your insurance card with you to your appointment.
- Payment is expected at the time of service.
- Please do not bring small children to your appointment.
Men's Health Network
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Family Planning
Michigan Minor Consent Law