Here are few simple strategies to best protect yourself:
- Get an annual COVID-19 and Flu shot. These vaccines are available at providers, pharmacies, and clinics. BCHD will be providing COVID, Flu , and RSV vaccines along with all other immunization services. BCHD has a very limited supply of RSV monoclonal antibody immunization.
- If you develop symptoms –
- STAY HOME!
- Get a COVID Test! (we offer free at-home tests or you can order free at-home tests here: https://www.covid.gov/tests)
- Call your Doctor or Healthcare Provider! – if you are positive for COVID, they can provide medications to treat you and if you are negative they can help determine what virus you may have (like the flu or RSV) and can also provide medications to treat you.
Recommendations for people who test positive for
- Flu & RSV:
- CDC still recommends that persons who have the flu should isolate at home and away from others until 24 hours have passed since a fever has resolved without using fever reducing medications.
Click here for CDC's Isolation and Exposure calculator.
For more information on respiratory illnesses visit: https://www.cdc.gov/respiratory-viruses/index.html