American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)
Bay County invites residents, businesses, and community organizations to provide feedback on community needs that have developed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Public input will be open for two weeks starting 8/5/2021. This community input will be presented to Bay County leaders and the Board of Commissioners as the County strategizes and plans for the best use of the funds provided through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
On March 11, 2021 President Joe Biden signed ARPA into law. The $1.9 trillion package is intended to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, including public, health, and economic impacts. Bay County will receive approximately $20 million, divided into two equal installments. The first payment was received in May of 2021 and the balance will be delivered approximately 12 months later. ARPA funds must be spent by 12/31/2024 in a manner allowable under the law.
Below are links to several documents giving an overview of the America Rescue Plan and its permissible uses:
To enter your survey response visit:
Bay County Public Input Survey
Bay County community organizations are also invited to present proposals to Bay County leaders. Written proposals should be directed to email@example.com by 8/20/2021. Proposals will be vetted by staff and scheduled for a presentation in front of the Bay County Board of Commissioners. Written proposals must include a detailed description of the project and include the following information.
- Indicate the section of the ARPA legislation that allows for this project to be appropriately funded.
- How the need for the project was determined.
- Discuss how your project is necessary and transformative.
- Estimated project cost.
- Explain the financial viability of the project after the initial investment of ARPA funds including how the future costs for annual operating and maintenance will be funded.
- List other organizations or businesses offering this service. It is duplicative?
- List who will benefit from your project proposal.
If you have additional questions, please contact the County Executive's office at (989) 895-4130.