The Bay County Animal Shelter sponsors an Animal Adoption Program to match animals to appropriate homes and responsible pet owners. Persons wishing to adopt an animal can visit the Animal Shelter and choose from a wide variety of dogs and cats. Please take the time to read the following information regarding our adoption policy.
- The animals are available for adoption only after they have received a "positive" evaluation.
- Animals at the shelter are adopted through an adoption contract. The contract is a legally binding agreement that requires the animal be sterilized, vaccinated against rabies and licensed. You must be 18 years of age to sign the adoption agreement.
- Cash and checks are accepted for payment. If you are not a Bay County resident you will not be required to pay the licensing fee. You would be required to license in your county.
- If you are interested in an animal and it has a positive evaluation, you may be able to adopt the animal
- The animal is adopted on a first come first serve basis.
- Please note in the case of stray animal being brought into the shelter we are required by state law to hold it for 4 business days. Without a collar or 7 business days with a collar before we can put the animal up for adoption.