Bay County Equalization Department

 Bay County Building
 515 Center Avenue, Suite 602
 Bay City, Michigan 48708-5941

 (989) 895-4075 Voice
 (989) 895-4078 Fax
 (989) 895-4049 TDD/TTY


                    PROPERTY TAX QUERY

  Parcel ownership, land descriptions, assessment
  information and tax information.
Appraisal Record Cards  
  should be obtained at the City or Township where the
subject is located.


  Bay County Tax Maps, Parcel Numbering structure,
  Plat indexes, and other useful information.


   Equalization Department Resources

    Equalization Reports & Millage Rates

    Limited Property Sales Reports

     Bay County Townships & Cities

    Bay County Equalization Department Staff


   Main phone line (989) 895-4075
   Fax (989) 895-4078

   Kelly Rifenbark, Deputy Director
   (989) 895-4080

   Bill Deaton, Senior Appraiser   
(989) 895-4081

   Michael Neese,
   Property Descriptions and Tax Mapping
   (989) 895-4076



      Disabled Veteran Exemption
Recently Governor Snyder signed into law P.A. 161 of 2013. The amended Act regarding Veterans Exemptions has 3 requirements, of which only 1 has to be met, to receive the exemption. The requirements are:

1. Has been determined by the United States department of veterans’ affairs to be permanently and totally disabled as a result of military service and entitled to veterans’ benefits at the 100% rate.

2. Has a certificate from the United States veterans’ administration, or its successors, certifying that he or she is receiving or has received pecuniary assistance due to disability for specially adapted housing.

3. Has been rated by the United States department of veterans’ affairs as individually unemployable.

The unremarried surviving spouse of the disabled veteran is eligible for the exemption based upon the eligibility of their spouse; therefore the spouse must also be a Michigan resident. The exemption will continue only as long as the surviving spouse remains unremarried.

This exemption will have to be applied for each year (during a period beginning with the tax day for each year and ending at the time of the final adjournment of the local board of review). An Affidavit along with the above mention paperwork (from the United States department of veterans’ affairs or the United States veterans’ administration) must be filed with the local unit Assessor to receive the exemption.

    Eligibility Requirements

    Form 5107 Affidavit






Change Font Size By Clicking Here
Normal Text Larger Text Largest Text
Modified: 12/8/2014