Concealed Pistol Permits (CCW)
EFFECTIVE DEC. 1, 2015 PROCEDURE TO CHANGE PURSUANT TO SENATE BILL 34
NOTE: November 25, 2015 has been added to the Gun Board Schedule; this will be the final meeting.
2015 Meeting Schedule of the Bay County Gun Board
Concealed pistol application kits covering both new and renewal permits are available at the office of the Bay County Clerk, 515 Center Avenue, Bay City, Michigan, during regular business hours- Monday through Friday 8:00 am. to 5:00 pm. (Closed Holidays)
The concealed pistol application kit includes the following:
· Written procedure to obtain a concealed pistol permit
· Application form
· Instructions and form to appeal the Board's decision if denied a concealed pistol permit
· Fingerprints taken by Bay County Sheriff's department Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Processing the application:
Applicant files their application with the County Clerk in the county of residence. This must include: (1) a copy of the certificate of completion of the pistol safety training course, and (2) a passport quality photograph.
· Applicant pays a fee of $105 to the County Clerk at time of filing.
· Applicant receives a receipt for payment.
· Applicant provides receipt to the Sheriff's department confirming payment of the application fee.
· Applicant has fingerprints taken by Sheriff's department.
· Sheriff department forwards fingerprints to the Michigan State Police and the F.B.I. for processing.
· Once county gun board receives the fingerprint clearance reports, they will issue or deny the license within 45 days. You will be notified by postcard of your status when process is complete.
Michigan State Police: Information on carrying concealed pistol permits (CCW)
Bay County CPL Application Procedures-New Applicants
Bay County CPL Application Procedures-Renewal Applicants